Save The Date! March 14 & 15, 2020 are the Famine Dates!
St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church, 2715 Horse Pen Creek Rd., Greensboro, NC 27410
It’s Like a Retreat; It’s Like a Lock-In; It’s Fun; It’s Friendship. It’s Life Changing for Those YOU Help & For You!
7th Grade through High School Teens are invited to participate in the upcoming 30-Hour Food Fast. The event is overnight and will take place at St. Paul’s in the Fellowship Hall and Gym. Check in starts at Noon in the Fellowship Hall. We conclude our fast with Eucharist at the 5 pm Sunday Mass followed by a pasta dinner for all participants and their family.
Typical Famine Activities Include:
- Lots of Games and activities to learn about political, environmental, social, medical and financial causes of the hunger crisis
- Guest speakers who will talk about their homelands and what their transition to American has been like since their arrival.
- Juice and water breaks every 2 hours.
- Tent City for sleeping (we all sleep in the gym – boys on one side; girls on the other; adults down the middle).
What Does it Cost to Attend?
- $10 T-shirt
- A minimum $40 donation from either raised funds or from you to contribute to World Vision
What to Bring:
- Reusable water bottle!
- Clear juice to share
- Sleeping bag, blanket, pillow, closed toes shoes, personal toiletries (showers are NOT available), sweat pants and shirt to sleep in (NO sophie type shorts or sleeveless tops), change of clothes for Mass on Sunday
- Tent if you have one.