Classes begin the week of September 18th, 2022.
- Elementary School, Pre-K through 5th grade will be taught using Pflaum Gospel Weeklies.
- Middle School and Confirmation use Life Teen Edge and Purpose.
- High School Life Teen includes monthly hot topics, socials and service projects.
Catechists are greatly needed.
Please prayerfully consider volunteering to help with this rewarding ministry.
Sunday Mornings, between Masses, 9:10am – 10:20am
- Elementary School (Pre-K – 5th grade) and First Communion
- Middle School and Confirmation Yr 1 & 2
- High School SPY
Sunday Afternoons (11:30 – 1 pm)
- St. Paul’s Youth (SPY) Activities – These activities will consist of social and service projects, as scheduled, throughout the school year. All Middle and High School teens are welcome to participate. High school teens are encouraged to register under the Life Teen Registration link.
Wednesday Evenings, 6:15pm – 7:30pm
- Year 2 Confirmation only
GENERATIONS OF FAITH (GOF)
This required family class is part of the Sacramental Preparation for First Eucharist and Confirmation (typically grades 1, 2, 7 and 8) but all are welcome! This year we plan on offering the program, Sundays at Noon the first week of October, November, February and March. So mark your calendar.
STUDENT PARTICIPATION POLICY
In 2013, we began to require students to continue their religious education each year, and not just pursue studies when they have a Sacrament to receive.
The goal of the policy is to increase our children’s knowledge of their faith. Each year Faith Formation builds on the year before and we have discovered gaps in what our students know about Catholicism. The new policy will help to fill in those gaps.
In addition, the policy will seek to assist our children in building both Catholic identity and community with their peers here at Church.
We thank you for your cooperation with this policy. If remedial work is needed for students to catch-up, we will work with families to tailor a plan of action for that.
PARENT AND CATECHIST REQUIREMENTS
At least one parent per family is required to volunteer in some capacity. We could not successfully run our programs without you!
To keep our children safe, the Diocese of Charlotte has several volunteer requirements, to include completing a volunteer back ground check (no SS# required) and the Protecting God’s Children (PGC) Course. Registration for this course and the background check can be completed at www.virtus.org or the quick link below.
For Questions, Contact:
St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church
336-294-4696 ext. 235
Electronic payments can be made during registration or via St Paul’s website. Checks and cash can be brought to the parish office during office hours (currently between 8 am and 1 pm, M-F).