Sacrament of Reconciliation
Every Saturday from 4:00 to 4:45 P.M.
Every First Friday following the 9:00 A.M. Mass in the Reconciliation room. Our priests are always available to celebrate this sacrament when requested.
Preparation for First Reconciliation
The sacrament of First Reconciliation, or Penance, is celebrated in the second grade. Children must be baptized, a registered parishioner, and attending Mass regularly in order to receive this sacrament. Students in Catholic grade school and our Faith Formation program study for two years and are catechized for reception of the sacrament during their religion classes. Families with students preparing for the sacrament are also asked to attend Generations of Faith classes once a month as a family. Special classes are available for older students who may not yet have received the sacrament.
Please contact Jeannine Martin, our Director of Faith Formation for more information or to enroll in classes. 336-294-4696 X 225.
It may have been a while since your last Confession. This is what to do in Reconciliation:
- First it is always a good idea to do an Examination of Conscience. Here is a link to the USCCB website that can help you with that. http://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/sacraments/penance/
- Enter the confessional and make the sign of the cross: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
- Bless me Father for I have sinned, it has been (tell Father how long ago) since my last Confession.
- Then Confess your sins.
- Then Father will give you Penance and you will say an Act of Contrition. My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong, and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Amen.
- Father will give you Absolution and you leave the Confessional to do your Penance.